8.08.2007

I Love It

I haven't written in a long time. I suppose it is time for an update.

The summer is whizzing by me with no regard. To put it in perspective: My summer class will be over today after I take my last test. Summer school (and summer school tutoring) was officially over on Monday night. I begin tutoring again next Thursday for the school year. Fernando starts school in about two weeks. Also, it's August! Crazy.

The past several weeks have kept me very occupied. Working (we got rid of the first bookkeeper we hired after Charlene left because she--the new bookkeeper, not Charlene--sucked and consequently hired a newer, much better bookkeeper). Tutoring summer school for a girl whose parents think she needs 8-10 hours of tutoring a week. Reading, taking quizzes, completing assignments, studying for and taking tests for my Psych class. Slaving away at making sure pledgeship is both organized and well executed for my wicked awesome pledges. And somewhere in there, finding time for family get-togethers and spending time with my husband.

I keep tripping out on the fact that one year ago, I had just moved back to the SCV from SLO, was living at home, planning a wedding, and looking for a job. My one year here at work is on August 30th. Nuts. Can't wait for my promotion.

This month--Fernando's sister, Melissa's, birthday was on Saturday. We took her and her husband out for dinner at Olive Garden last night. Fernando's birthday is on the 15th. He wants a Wii for his birthday. I'm not even exactly sure how to go about getting one of those. But my mom already told me she was going to give Fernando some money for his birthday because she wants him to put it toward a Wii. Then it's Neda's birthday on the 24th. She's having a little poolside soiree at her brother's house on the 26th. Almost forgot to mention I'm traveling up to Sacramento next weekend for the Sigma Omega Nu National Conference with the pledges in tow. Yeah. I'm pretty hardcore.

By the way, can I just say how much I love my pledges? They want to have a Harry Potter themed Big Sis/Lil Sis dinner. I'm debating what to dress as-- Professor Trelawney or random Gryffindor student. And when I assigned the Famous Latina Biography project, one of the girls asked if she could write about La Malinche. Yeah. Nerds. I love it.

~LOVE~