4.01.2009

I Feel Better

Just so you know, I am feeling better about the whole "being rejected from grad school again" situation. I know I'm smart, I know I have a bright future ahead of me, and I know I have options. I just needed a little time to wallow in self-pity. Don't we all need that sometimes?

I suppose Vegas may have had something to do with it. One night of party-'til-you-black-out-kind of partying will do that for you (Don't worry, family members who might be reading this--I didn't actually black out, but I did wake up with a nasty hangover brought on by too much Hennessy). Actually, any Hennessy is too much Hennessy. Not.My.Drink.

I'm leaving for NYC on Saturday. I think I already miss Fernando, but the trip should be fun enough to make up for the missing him.

Items on the agenda for New York City:

  • Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour
  • Central Park (and Strawberry Fields)
  • Central Park Zoo
  • The Metropolitan Museum of Art
  • The Guggenheim
  • Hip Hop tour of Harlem (entitled "Walk This Way")
  • Gothan Comedy Club
  • MoMA
  • Times Square
  • walking the entire length of the Brooklyn Bridge
  • Staten Island Ferry
  • Ground Zero
  • lots of good food and drink

Sadly, I don't think I'll have time to see a Broadway show. My 10th grade self would totally punch me for saying that, but it's cool. My traveling companion doesn't have the funds for a Broadway show, so I'll have to save that for my next trip to NY (whenever that may be). And I'll be sure to bring Fernando along with me on the next trip.

~LOVE~