3.13.2011

DIYs I Want to Try

List #13: DIYs I Want to Try

I consider myself creative, but I don't consider myself a crafter or baker or scrapbooker or anything like that. Most of my crafting experience comes from the fact that I'm in a sorority, and crafting stuff with our letters and nicknames and scroll numbers is par for the course. I've been known to throw down and paint one hell of a $1 picture frame from Michael's, and I do enjoy making collages. In the past, I've customized T-shirts with iron-on letters, made corsages, done some elementary beading, made my own purses out of old jeans, and I've customized wine glasses for a bachelorette party.

As far as projects I'd like to start in the future, here is my short list:
  1. Make some customized buttons for my friend's bachelorette party . . . we have a button maker at my office where I intern. If I can convince my supervisor to let me borrow the machine, I think buttons would be fun souvenirs for the guests
  2. I'd like to purchase a big canvas and paint a big abstract something to hang over our bed. I figure a lightweight canvas is probably the safest thing to hang over our bed in case of an earthquake
  3. The bed in our extra bedroom is a very light colored wood--I'd like to spray paint in black
  4. I'd like to DIY a tiled back splash in our kitchen
  5. Perhaps DIY the task of adding crown molding in our bedroom and living room

~LOVE~