3.04.2011

Today's Playlist

List #4: Today's Playlist

To be perfectly honest, I own very little music. All of my CDs were purchased between the years of 1996 and 2004, and since then, I've only owned an iPod Nano, so I own less than 2GB of iTunes. That being said, I am totally at the mercy of what is playing on the radio. I'm a big fan of radio--I have all my favorite stations set in my car (AM and FM). So, here is a list of radio stations I listen to on a regular basis.

  • Star 98.7--the hits if the 80s, 90s, and today
  • K-Earth 101--oldies (which now includes 80s?)
  • 103.3 The Vibe--hip hop, pop, and rap (it's a station I mostly get in the 805 area code--when I'm in Thousand Oaks or driving up to San Luis Obispo)
  • 104.3--this is a new station . . . I believe it's called "The Mix." My sorority sister told me to listen to this station because it really does have a good mix of alternative rock, pop, hip hop, indie, and rap.
  • Power 106--my standby--all of the latest rap and hip hop
  • 97.1 AMP Radio--the newest pop station in the LA area. It USED to be a 100% Talk Radio Station and I listened to it religiously in the AM to listen to Adam Carolla's morning show and Jamie, Frosty, and Frank in the afternoons. I definitely miss the talk radio station, but the pop music is okay every once in a while.
  • KNX 1070 (AM)--News, politics, traffic, etc. All talk radio.

  • One artist I am willing to say I am super obsessed with right now? Bruno Mars. I love his retro vibe and he is SUPER TALENTED. He has an amazing voice and he plays many instruments! I can't not sing along when "Grenade" comes on the radio.

    Love this guy!


    ~LOVE~